A pastor left a message on my 800 line yesterday and on my cell phone today (he was referred from a friend who used Auxano). Interestingly, he used a long string of different terms to describe what he is looking for in his two different voice messages:
- developing a long range plan
- a strategic planning process
- helping us think through the future
- defining our DNA
- Conferences (event-based inspiration) have become the primary tool for thinking about the future
- Church growth methodology that peaked in the 70's and 80's was based on cultural assumptions that have changed
- Traditional strategic planning (and the resulting notebook from the process) is more of a hindrance than a help in energizing a church's future.